Saturday, July 01, 2006

College Confusion

I've called the University of Tennessee to inquire about my missing transcript, and they claim to have it. Still, whenever I check my admission status online, it says the transcript is missing. I've called again only to have someone look at the exact same web page and tell me over the phone that my transcript hasn't been processed yet. Very helpful.

I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of enrolling at Pellissippi State and getting some basic requirements out of the way, but I'm not sure. I've already gone to three different colleges, so I'd hate to needlessly add to the list. If I keep holding out hope for things to go through at UT, all of the classes I want to take at Pellissippi might fill up, but if I have my transcripts sent to Pellissippi and then I get admitted to UT, I will have thrown money away by needlessly sending out transcripts. UT requires 30 credits to be taken at UT in order to graduate from there. I could do that in two semesters easily, and I figured I'd be in school for at least another two years. I could spend one year at Pellissippi taking all of the math and science crap that's required and then have nothing but fun courses left when I get to UT next year. I could probably get an associates degree pretty easily from Pellissippi too. I don't know. Such chaos and confusion.

I need to make an appointment with a counselor at UT. Of course, I would realize that on a Saturday, on the weekend of the 4th of July.

On the plus side, I've met some people online who live in Knoxville, who seem like they'd make good friends for Nik and me. They live in the same part of town as us, and have a daughter and six cats. We may get together with them on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks at World's Fair Park. Either way, I want to watch fireworks on the 4th. I don't know why. Apparently I enjoy a herd of people simultaneously oohing and ahhing while colors explode into the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home