Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I think I have Sciatica

Sciatica would explain the constant feeling of pins and needles throughout my leg that I've been experiencing all week, the pain in my leg, the muscle spasms and the fact that my leg seems to crumble beneath me whenever I try to use it. Sciatica is usually caused by a herniated spinal disc, and the best thing for it is bed rest, but seeing as I have finals to take and boxes to pack, bed rest is completely out of the question. I have no idea what caused this. I just woke up on Sunday in a lot of pain. I suppose I should see a doctor, or more specifically, a doctor should see me. It really doesn't matter if I actually see him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your messages, been a bit busy.

I was actually stricken with sciatica yesterday. I called my healer friend, and got some suggestions. She showed me a particular stretch to do, gently, and I woke up today with it gone.

Before you go see a doctor, who will likely offer to cut you open to "repair" something, try the stretches. Let's talk on the phone, I can tell you how to do it.

I also went and got a full body massage yesterday. While it didn't stop the sciatica, it definitely helped the rest of my body relax.

May 11, 2006 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi, I've been dying to talk with you since Chicago, but lost your number...then I remembered I could find you here.

Beth

May 11, 2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home