Friday, July 08, 2005

Summerfest

After much debate and indecision and crankiness, we decided to go to Summerfest. I knew if I didn't go at least once this year I would regret it. We saw Death Cab for Cutie at a distance from one of those rooftop bars with standing room at the rails overlooking the stage. We didn't plan ahead and get a good spot to see the band up close. The concert was really good, but I must admit, I still like The Postal Service better. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed Death Cab, and right at the end of the concert, they played my favorite song, The Sound of Settling, and then left the stage. I knew there were too many Death Cab fans in Milwaukee to let the band just leave. Naturally, they came back on stage for a double encore.

Ah, I forgot to tell you about the part at the end of the night where we scrambled to an ATM for cash to buy popcorn. For any of you who don't know, I am a popcorn junkie. While waiting for the shuttle back to my neighborhood, this guy came up to me and asked if he could have some of my popcorn. I really didn't mind, seeing as I had a lot of it, and the guy was obviously a Death Cab fan. Before long I had 20 drunks approaching me to ask for some of my popcorn. It was a bit out of hand. After that we decided to pace back and forth while waiting for the bus to keep the popcorn hawks from circling in on us. I mean, I really don't mind sharing, but let's not get carried away. There is also the issue of complete strangers putting their disgusting hands in my bag of popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home