Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bored

Winter break is boring. The semester is finished, I've accomplished my 4.0 GPA, and now I have nothing to do until January 10th.

I have housework to do but I'm not very enthusiastic about it. I cleaned my bathroom today, and finished reading a novel by Billie Letts. Kind of a mindless, guilty pleasure type of a book, complete with a cheesy, happily-ever-after ending. I picked up some other things from the library yesterday, including Walden, which I've been planning to re-read over break. It's been years since I first read it, and my recent interest in American Transcententalism has encouraged me to revisit Thoreau. I also thought I might read some Faulkner, since somehow I've never read him before.

I thought of taking a job but since I don't want to work during Spring semester it seems kind of pointless. I even had an interview yesterday that I cancelled. I know that lots of people work and go to school at the same time, but I'd rather put myself completely into my schoolwork. I think working would distract me, and I have to stay focused. I have to do what I care about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home