Thursday, July 21, 2005

Lukas Haas



I had a dream the other night that it was New Year's Eve, and I was at a big house party. Everyone was drinking and living it up, and for some reason my dad was there, which in reality would be absurd because he doesn't drink anymore, hates parties and completely despises New Year's Eve. I was feeling a little bored with the party, when suddenly Lucas Haas walked in with all of his friends. They were all wearing make-up as if they had just been to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show, only less extreme. It actually looked really good on him. In the dream, Lucas Haas and I knew one another, so I waved at him and he smiled back, seeming genuinely glad to see me. I went over to him and we started flirting and hanging all over each other. I even asked him if he wanted to go out on a date with me sometime.

Lucas and I left the party to go find some place quiet to hang out and talk, but by that time it was more than just a big house party. It was the hugest New Year's Eve bash that ever was. I think it was the end of a millennium or something. We were all in a big building now instead of a house, like an arena or a school. It must have been a school because it had a gymnasium, but it was arena sized, and the whole place was filled with vendors selling beer and food for the party, like an indoor Summerfest combined with a grocery store.

Lucas and I went to the gymnasium and it was empty. He offered me a cigarette and I told him I needed to go get something to drink first. I asked him if I could get him anything and he said that he wanted Tecata. I was planning on having a Corona myself. When I left the gymnasium it was complete chaos. People were scrambling all over and buying everything in sight like it was Armageddon. I looked everywhere but I couldn't find any Tecata. I couldn't find much of anything. It was approaching midnight and everyone was panicking. I saw my dad standing around looking like he wanted to go home but I pretended not to see him. I wanted to get back to Lucas, but I still didn't have any drinks.

When midnight struck everything stopped. No one sang Auld Lang Syne or toasted with champagne. Everything just went dark. All of the vendors disappeared, as did most of the party goers, with the exception a few stragglers. I ran back to the gymnasium to find Lucas, and I saw that he was leaving. I ran after him and he was easy to catch up to because he had crutches like his character in Leap of Faith.

Next time Lucas Haas comes to one of my dreams I will make Tecata (or anything else he might want) instantly appear with the power of my mind. I will remember that I am dreaming and manipulate the dream to my liking. It takes a lot of concentration, but I know that it's possible. I've done it before.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your words. i have been thinking about dreams lately. mine have been as ampted up as usual. the part that you mentioned about directing your own dreams was...well it gave me a lot to think about. i don't know if i have the power to direct my dreams. but they sure have been nice lately.

sweet dreams
wherever you are.

September 04, 2005 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for your words. i have been thinking about dreams lately. mine have been as ampted up as usual. the part that you mentioned about directing your own dreams was...well it gave me a lot to think about. i don't know if i have the power to direct my dreams. but they sure have been nice lately.

sweet dreams
wherever you are.

September 04, 2005 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home