Friday, March 30, 2007

German Immersion

I'm spending the weekend in a cabin with a bunch of people and we are only allowed to speak German for the whole weekend. I'm quite nervous about it, not just because of my lack of German speaking skills but because of the fact that people scare me, and I will be eating and sleeping in common with people for the next three days or so. This is an important step for me, I think. I find that I don't really feel like an outcast the way that I used to since moving to TN. I think not drinking helps too. I'm becoming or have become a stable person. It's weird, I feel like people are more accepting here and less judgemental, despite being on the bible belt. Maybe the thing that always made me feel like a freak in Milwaukee was just bad reputation that I've now left behind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Bloom said...

Sure, add away.

April 01, 2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I hope you had fun.

My husband and I have french weekends once in a while...that's not just about the language, of course.

April 03, 2007 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home