Thursday, August 11, 2005

Weather Haikus

Well, since my animal haiku post actually got a couple of responses, and I can't think of anything else to do on this blog right now, I'm announcing a new haiku subject - the weather. Here is a haiku I've written about today's rain.

It drizzles and stops
Will it rain or will it not?
I am at a loss.


I know haikus aren't traditionally supposed to rhyme, but my compulsive use of slant rhyme seems to occur automatically at times.

Now it's your turn to write a weather haiku.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now it is raining
So why can't I go home now
Not liking my job

August 11, 2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I don't have a haiku, but I must say that I really like yours. Well done. You have a great talent.

August 12, 2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Heidi Bloom said...

John, I think you're underselling your haiku talent. The first one made me laugh out loud, and the second one, while amusing, is also really well written.

I share the same attitude toward snow.

August 14, 2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger Heidi Bloom said...

On beautiful days
I sit inside drinking beer
I love to waste time.

August 14, 2005 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when it snows
And my car is parked out outside
I need to shovel.

>:(

August 14, 2005 10:07 PM  
Blogger Sarcomical said...

it is never quite
the way i want it to be
screw the weatherman

August 15, 2005 2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home