Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Animal Haikus

Does anyone feel like writing haikus about cats with me? On sarcomical she does a "half-week haiku" on Wednesdays that everyone participates in. The subject is always pertinent to whatever is going on in the week. I think it's a fun idea, so I thought maybe I'd offer everyone the opportunity to write a haiku about cats on my blog. In fact, let's make it more broad and have it be about any animal. Maybe people who are reading my blog without commenting can participate for a change. Or maybe no one is reading my blog. Either way, here is my cat haiku.

You sprawl on the floor
panting and over-heated
The fur doesn't help.


By the way, my friend Jen told me that she was in the process of writing a cat haiku, but was having a hard time cutting down the syllables. To that I say that the "haiku" rule isn't really strict, and that any animal poem is worthwhile.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLIND CAT

You bump into walls
You're eyes have this glossy haze
Stairs are not your friend

August 03, 2005 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They were meant to guard
But I just want to hug them
Tibetan Mastiff

August 06, 2005 1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Hundred twenty
Tibetan Mastiff for you
Fluffy dog hauiku

August 06, 2005 1:39 AM  
Blogger Heidi Bloom said...

In the dawn I wake
up to your sharp, viscious teeth
How can I help you?

August 06, 2005 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a parrot
So I can teach it to swear
And piss off my dad

August 06, 2005 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home