Monday, May 16, 2005

Back to Reality

I have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm sure it will be good to get back into my usual routine, but after spending a week laying around doing not much of anything I have become spoiled. Wait, I've always been spoiled, or maybe I've never been spoiled but have been made to feel guilty for being high maintenance, whatever that means. I suppose it's true that no one can make me feel guilty. I just got completely sidetracked.
Anyway, I did some cleaning and I feel pretty good about that. It looks like Merlin will be coming to live with us, and I want everything ready for him. I still have a lot of things that I want to get done, but I've made good progress for today. I've been pretty isolated lately. My mouth is still a bit sore and I tire easily. This week I'm just going to focus on getting through my shifts and getting home. When the weekend comes I will attempt to reconcile with my long lost social life. Until then, I am Heidi the anchoress.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be feeling well enough to make some more water?
anchoress:
A woman who has retired into seclusion for religious reasons.

What a fantastic word? I am glad I lernded it.

May 20, 2005 12:58 AM  
Blogger Heidi Bloom said...

I got a broader definition, just a woman in seclusion. I haven't any religious reasons.

May 20, 2005 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home